The following are some basic principles to aid you in locating common physical network infrastructure indicators:\n
- The two biggest indicators that a utility marking or piece of equipment are related to networks are color and provider name.
- Bright orange is the universal utility color code for communications. This includes telephone, tv, internet, etc., but equipment for these services is normally colocated.
- Orange markings are placed as a warning to work teams. Look for them near active construction sites.
- Equipment such as manholes or utility boxes that are labelled with a network provider name will be for accessing hidden network infrastructure.
- Existence of either orange color or a telecom provider name is sufficient reason to submit a finding via this app.